What is a Home Inspector?
Home Inspection is defined as the process by which a home inspector observes and provides a written report of the systems and components of a residential building including but not limited to:
• Insulation and ventilation
• Heating and cooling
Home inspection requires comprehensive technical knowledge of building systems and practice, which are always evolving. Home inspectors must acquire a significant range of knowledge and skills to be proficient.
How to Become a Home Inspector in New York State?
To become a Licensed Home Inspector in New York State, you must complete a course of study of not less than 140 hours approved by the Department of State, Division of Licensing Services. Of those hours, 40 must be unpaid field-based inspections under direct supervision; or
have performed not less than 100 home inspections under direct supervision; and
pass a state exam: the NYS written examination or an existing nationally recognized examination, deemed equivalent, prior to December 31, 2005.
Manfred Home Inspection Apprentice Program
Manfred is the Leader in Real Estate Training in New York State. Manfred understands the value of hands-on learning. In this program, you will learn real-world applications as you work towards preparing for your New York State Home Inspection licensing Exam and how to set-up your new business as a sole proprietor. Each inspection is a complex interactive event that combines inspection techniques and analysis, deductive reasoning and excellent verbal communication to best serve your client. Our goal is to provide each student with a high-quality educational experience and the necessary tools required to be a successful Home Inspector in New York State. Many of our graduates go onto to become (ASHI) American Society of Home Inspector and InterNASHI Members
How does it work?
1. You will start with our Home Inspection Apprentice Orientation. In this orientation you will learn how the apprentice program works, the completion requirements and Home Inspection Safety classroom Program. (This Orientation is required prior to beginning supervised Home Inspection)
Saturday, August 5, 2017 – Saturday, October 7, 2017 – Saturday, December 2, 2017
2. Fifteen home inspections will be scheduled over (3) Saturdays every month. Each day consists of (5) inspections, the student will pick and choose which home inspection day they would like to participate, they can complete 15 per month or 5 per month.
3. Manfred will provide each student with Home Inspection Software, provided by www.homeinspectorpro.com which can be used with your iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows or Mac to finish your inspection report data entry on site, supervised by a Manfred Certified Home Inspector. (This offer includes a $150 discount off the Home Inspector Pro Software and your first year membership free to InterNACHI Membership)
4. Once the apprentice completes and documents (90) inspections, the last (10) Inspections, all students must complete full Home Inspections to earn the Manfred Certified Home Inspection and graduate the program. These graded inspections will be reviewed by our staff of Manfred Certified Home Inspectors.
5. This program includes:
Not less than 100 Documented Home Inspections, supervised by a Manfred Certified Home Inspector
Home Inspection Software by Home Inspector Pro Software
Textbook, “Principles of Home Inspection, Systems & Standards, 2nd Edition”
Home Inspection Safety Program with exam, required to begin Apprentice Program
Home Inspection Exam Prep Review class and New York State Specific 100 Multiple Question Online Exam Prep
20 hours Recommended Home Inspection Classroom Education, to include 8 hrs. Home Inspection: Defect Recognition and Interpretation, 8 hrs. Basic Construction Refresher and 4 hrs. Home Inspection: Letter of the Law.
PAY IN FULL: $4225.00 Students may purchase the entire program for a one-time fee of $4225.00. (save $449) This will include The Home Inspection Apprentice Orientation, 100 Home Inspections, Home Inspection Software, Textbook, Home Inspection Exam Prep, and 20 hours of classroom education.
PAY AS YOU GO: $399 Start-up fee plus $225 per day. A student can start by purchasing the Startup package for $399.
The start-up package includes The Home Inspection Apprentice Orientation, 5 home inspections (one day), Home Inspection Software, provided by Home Inspector Pro Software, Textbook, Home Inspection Exam Prep, and 20 hours of classroom education.
Students will then pay for the Home Inspections as they go. $225 per day (5 home inspections)For more information, please call Manfred today at 518-492-4398